Monday, September 24, 2012

Shopaholic


Well we battened the hatches, locked the doors and hopped on a train to Paris.  The weather was looking too rough to cross the sea of Biscay and I'm a bit thankful. Before we left mom scoured the sites to find a nice little apartment and when I say little I mean little. 5m by 3 1/2 meters - shoebox with a tiny little ladder leading up to a loft. It's alright though haha we didn't spend much time in it anyways. The first day we walked the streets of Paris where every building is different and unique in it's own way. They are all just so gorgeous and detailed! We saw the Eiffel Tower and after some serious discussion we decided not to go up. The line would have taken all day long! We walked all the way to the Notre Dame cathedral and had a little visit inside. I'm not a religious person but this almost made me change my mind. It is a gorgeous church filled with mosaics and sculptures. On the outside the details in the architecture is UNBELIEVABLE. I can defiantly see why it took 200 years to build! We grabbed a bite to eat at a cute little Paris restaurant and headed home to our shoebox for the night. 

The next morning we set out to see everything and well it's pretty hard to do that on foot so we 
hopped on a tour bus. It turned out to be a very good idea because we got to see everything including The Arc Of Triumph, The Thinker or as Alex likes to call it...The Stinker, the most beautiful bridge in Paris and many many more famous things. By that time it was about lunch time so we went back to the shoebox for lunch. Mom did some research for cheap vintage stores in Paris because I mean how could you not go shopping when in Paris! These shops turned out to be FAN-FRICKING-TASTIC! THE CLOTHES WE BOUGHT WERE ALL FANTASTIC AND DESIGNER! What's the total your asking? 41 euro's!!!!!! This may be a bad thing but I think I get a rush out of buying things....uh oh. Oh I forget to tell you this but with our tour bus package we got a boat tour of the Seine. We met the boys at home and walked down to the Eiffel tower.We got on our boat and as we were flowing down the river through magical Paris I thought...wow how many kids my age get to do this. I mean I am pretty damn lucky! It was a beautiful ending to a beautiful day in Paris.

Today we decided to go see the Mona Lisa in the worlds biggest museum...I know what your thinking...oh-my-god a day in hell. It took a 1km long lineup to get to the security check and then ANOTHER line up to get our tickets!!!!! AHHH! We finally got inside and I have to say and I know this may be wrong but guys...I kind of enjoyed it! The paintings in there were very very amazing. The only art gallery I've ever been to was the AGO in Toronto and that is all modern art. The stuff we were looking at here was dated back to the 1400s, pretty cool. Dad had to leave at about 2:30 for work related stuff, so mom, Alex and I went and looked at the ancient Egyptian stuff and then thought we would go enjoy a walk through the Paris streets. The whole time we were in Paris we have had people telling us to beware of pickpockets. Mom being...well mom thought that she could point out all of the pickpockets on the street and was basically pointing out anyone who looked a bit on the rough side. We were all laughing and joking and decided to take a seat and get our bearings. Mom went and looked around the corner of this courtyard wall and I saw a man walk by me and kind of check out our backpack. I soon realized it was a pick pocket when I saw him reach out on to the bare ground and pull a gold ring out of his sleeve. He then asked mom if she had dropped it and tried to reach for her bag she jumped away and told the man to keep walking. We then followed him for a few blocks and saw that he did that to every passer by! I really enjoyed Paris and hope that one day I can come back again. Now were off to Normandy to see Juno beach and I'm really looking forward to that. VIVA LA FRANCE!









5 comments:

  1. Awesome blog. You are a good writer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like so much fun!
    Love the photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow shopping in Paris! You are right there aren't many kids your age experiencing what you are. You are very fortunate! Thanks for taking us all along on your trip to Paris. Great blogg. How long do you think you will be in Paris for? Also Millie that red jacket looks stunning on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome photos! Sounds like you're having a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your adventures with us. We are there in spirit
    Janine and the boys from High Five

    ReplyDelete